Shade cloth is an excellent option to provide protection from the sun’s harmful rays, reduce heat, and provide privacy in outdoor spaces.
Shade Cloth Bunnings is a product sold by the Australian home improvement retailer Bunnings Warehouse. Shade cloth is a woven fabric material used for outdoor shading and can be installed in various outdoor settings such as gardens, patios, carports, and other outdoor spaces.
Bunnings Warehouse sells a variety of shade cloths, including different colors and percentages of shade. For example, some shade cloths may provide up to 90% UV protection, while others may provide less.
Shade cloths are often used to protect plants from the sun, create shaded areas for people to sit and relax, or to cover carports or other outdoor structures. Bunnings Warehouse offers a range of shade cloth products in different sizes, shapes, and colors, so customers can find the right shade cloth for their specific needs.
Types of Shade Cloth
Bunnings offers a variety of shade cloth types that vary in density, UV protection, and color. The most common types of shade cloth available at Bunnings include:
- Knitted Shade Cloth: This type of shade cloth is made of a breathable fabric that allows air to flow through while providing shade. It is available in various densities and colors and is suitable for a wide range of applications, including pergolas, greenhouses, and swimming pools.
- Woven Shade Cloth: Woven shade cloth is a more rigid fabric that provides a higher level of UV protection. It is available in different densities and colors, and it is suitable for more demanding applications, such as commercial use.
- Waterproof Shade Cloth: This type of shade cloth is coated with a waterproof layer that makes it suitable for areas with frequent rain. It is available in different densities and colors and is suitable for pergolas, outdoor seating areas, and awnings.
- Aluminet Shade Cloth: Aluminet shade cloth is a unique type of shade cloth that reflects sunlight and reduces heat while allowing air to flow through. It is available in different densities and is suitable for greenhouses, animal enclosures, and outdoor events.
Uses of Shade Cloth
Shade cloth can be used in various applications, including:
- Pergolas: Shade cloth can be used to create a comfortable and shaded outdoor space. It can be attached to the pergola’s roof or sides to provide shade while allowing air to flow through.
- Greenhouses: Shade cloth can be used in greenhouses to provide shade for plants that require less sunlight. It can also be used to reduce heat and prevent overheating.
- Outdoor Seating Areas: Shade cloth can be used to create a shaded seating area, such as a patio or deck. It can be attached to the roof or sides of the structure to provide shade and privacy.
- Swimming Pools: Shade cloth can be used to provide shade around swimming pools, reducing the risk of sunburn and heat exhaustion.
Shade cloth can be installed using various methods, depending on the application and the type of shade cloth. The most common installation methods include:
- Cable and Turnbuckle: This installation method is suitable for attaching shade cloth to pergolas or other structures. It involves installing cables along the structure’s sides and attaching turnbuckles to adjust the tension.
- Grommet: This installation method is suitable for attaching shade cloth to structures or fences. It involves installing grommets along the edges of the shade cloth and securing them with cable ties or rope.
- Snap Hooks: This installation method is suitable for attaching shade cloth to structures, such as pergolas or greenhouses. It involves attaching snap hooks to the shade cloth’s edges and hooking them onto the structure.
- Track System: This installation method is suitable for attaching shade cloth to structures, such as pergolas or outdoor seating areas. It involves installing a track system along the structure’s sides and sliding the shade cloth into the track.
Shade cloth is an excellent option for creating a comfortable and shaded outdoor space while reducing the risk of sunburn and heat exhaustion. Bunnings offers a wide range of shade cloths, from basic mesh to more advanced materials. When choosing shade cloth, consider the type of shade cloth, its density, UV protection, and color, as well as the application and installation method. Knitted shade cloth is suitable for most applications, while woven shade cloth provides a higher level of UV protection. Waterproof shade cloth is ideal for areas with frequent rain, while Aluminet shade cloth reflects sunlight and reduces heat.
Shade cloth can be used in various applications, including pergolas, greenhouses, outdoor seating areas, and swimming pools. When it comes to installation, there are several methods to consider, such as cable and turnbuckle, grommet, snap hooks, and track systems. The installation method will depend on the application and the type of shade cloth being used.
Overall, shade cloth is a versatile and practical option for creating a comfortable and shaded outdoor space. Bunnings offers a wide range of shade cloths to suit different applications and budgets, making it easy to find the right shade cloth for your needs.